Some quick facts about penguins:
1. Penguins are birds.
2. Penguins have adapted to live in the ocean.
3. Most Penguins spend half of life in the water and the other half on land, although some species spend up to 75% in water.
4. Penguins live only in the southern hemisphere.
5. Penguins do not live ONLY in cold Antarctic regions; they live as north as the Galapagos Islands near the Equator.
6. The Emperor Penguin is the largest penguin, reaching a height up to 1.2 meters.
7. Most penguins’ species feed on krill, small fishes, squid and small crustaceans, varying the amounts of each kind of them in their diet, from place to place.
8. Penguins probably lost their ability to fly because they did not need to escape from predators.
9. Most penguins have countershading with white colored in the front and black colored in the back.